Headed to Indianapolis for the Super Bowl?
Instead of searching hotels for room vacancies, why not rent a house?
We can help you find the perfect place to call home during the Big Game! Head over to our Super Bowl Rental page to browse some available homes.
If you have a home you’d like to list, let us know! Rates range anywhere from $500-5,000+ per night, depending on location & amenities.
Using a licensed Realtor for your Super Bowl rental needs is essential to avoid scams. If you don’t use a licensed agent, be sure to do your due diligence when selecting a tenant or landlord for this big event. Open communication is key to a successful transaction, especially when there are hundreds or even thousands of miles between the parties.
Here are some helpful tips
- Be sure you have the full address and legal name of the property & property owner before sending any payments
- Ask lots of questions!
- Ask for additional photos. Even if its one or two specific photos that aren’t on an online ad
- As always, beware of “too good to be true” deals
- Use Google maps or another mapping site to plot your routes to/from Lucas Oil. This is a good way to help estimate cab fares & travel times for all of the pre-game activities
- Ask about and respect smoking policies
- Insist on at least one phone conversation
- Get the full names of all occupants that will be staying in the house
- Provide as much information on the local surroundings, travel times, what to expect weather-wise, etc.
- Be prepared to have a 24-hour emergency number
- Collect as much (if not all) of the rent amount & security deposit when the keys are handed over.
- Remove as many personal items and valuables as possible, while still leaving the home ready for occupants. Remember the renters won’t be bringing things like paper towels, linens, etc., so come up with an agreeable plan for these daily items.
Typically, 1/2 of the total rent amount is due to hold reservations, with the remaining amounts due on arrival. PayPal, cashiers checks and other certified payments are always recommended. Although cash may be preferred by the owner, it leaves no paper trail or proof of payment for the renter. If cash is used, insist on a signed receipt. This will benefit all parties.
If you have any questions, let us know!