- Nest Learning Thermostat – The Nest is on its third generation and now owned by Google. It continues to boast its original auto-scheduling and cool learning features but now adds : a slimmer screen with larger LCD display, Bluetooth support, and geofencing. The Nest works will either Amazon’s Alexa or Google Home. In addition to the temperature sensors, the Nest also tracks humidity, ambient light & hosts activity sensors.
- Ecobee4 Wi-fi Thermostat – This smart thermostat is embedded with Amazon’s Alexa, allowing users to additionally control smart devices, make purchases, play music, hear weather & news – effectively anything it’s Amazon Echo sibling can do. It is easy to install and has several wiring options giving the owner flexibility to customize. The back plate has 12 terminal connections to enable connection of HVAC systems, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, air filtration & ventilation systems, etc. It also provides data on usage including exterior temperatures so you can track the impacts of the weather on your HVAC system.
- Wing Hub 2 – The Wing Hub is a top smart home automation hub – a way to streamline and control all the connected devices in your home. This hub has a dual-band low energy Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless networking. In addition, the Wink Hub supports practically any wireless protocols. This allows you to control thermostats, security cameras, lighting, door locks, ceiling fans, window blinds, garage doors, doorbells and works with Amazon’s Alexa. It is both sleek and small – move over James Bond.
- Netgear Arlo Pro – This outdoor security system checks a ton of boxes. It is weather proof, boasts both motion and audio triggering, rechargeable batteries, supports HD video, USB connectivity for storing video locally and geofencing, and works with other home devices. The Arlo Pro includes its own hub and free cloud storage to boot.
- Smart Lock Pro + Connect – This third generation lock for your front door connects to Bluetooth, Z Wave & Wi-Fi. It is easy to install and works with Siri, Google Home and Alexa commands. The associated app allows for locking and unlocking the door as well as notifies the user of all entries and exits. The notifications will notify you if the door is ajar and it comes complete with a camera that supports live feed and geofencing capabilities.