Its a bit cliche’, but nonetheless, quite true. You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
If you have a Broad Ripple home for sale, or any property on the market in Central Indiana, it’s important to appreciate the significance a first impression has on your potential buyer.
When buyers drive up to your property and take their first look at your house, they’ll be instantly forming ideas about your home and how it might fit for their family’s needs. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve pulled up to a property with a buyer and driven off without opening a door because the house (which looked great online) was a major disappointment.
When you’re trying to entice a buyer to make an offer on your house, you must consider the curb appeal – how your house looks from the outside, or while standing on the curb (get it? curb appeal) – of your home for sale.
In fact, some surveys show that curb appeal can affect a buyer’s decision even more than price or square footage.A couple flowers would really brighten this place up!
Below are seven simple and inexpensive things you can do to improve your home’s curb appeal.
- If the snow ever melts, plant a few shrubs or flowers in the front yard to bring color to your lawn.
- Is your front door looking a little worse for wear? Give it a fresh coat of paint or replace it with a new one.
- In the coming warmer months, be sure to keep your grass well watered so it stays green and lush.
- Remove anything your pet leaves lying around, such as bones, chew toys or umm…other surprises in your yard…
- Take a look at your gutters. If they look damaged, hanging loose from the roof, or are growing tiny trees, be sure to take care of that before showings.
- Clean up your flowerbeds by removing weeds and trimming overgrown plants.
- Add a bench, garden ornament, a friendly gnome or a couple of flower pots to make your front yard more attractive.
These are just a few ways you can improve the curb appeal of your home for sale and make a great first impression on buyers.
A good next step for preparing your home for sale is inviting a trusted, licensed real estate professional to your home for a preview.
An agent’s experience in the real estate market can help you plan your strategy to get top-dollar for your home and help you improve the curb appeal at the same time.
Have other ways to boost curb appeal on the cheap? Let us know below!